BioNatural NutriFoliar is a liquid formula containing strains of Nitrogen fixing Azotobacter. These bacteria are in their dormant forms and are suspended in a clay based liquid.
Bacteria are a major component of the diverse epiphytic microbial flora that are harbored by the leaves of plants in temperate, tropical, and sub-tropical climates. Epiphytic bacteria are capable of living (i.e. multiplying) on the plant surfaces. These bacteria are called “phyllobacteria” which possess specific characteristics like bio-film formation, nitrogen fixation, production of pigments, and high GC content for protection against UV light etc.
Studies in the past have revealed an important relationship between plants surviving in nutrient poor soils and luxuriant leaves. This is due to the presence of nitrogen fixing organisms on the leaf surfaces. Azotobacter is predominantly found on the leaf surface vegetation.
- Helps protect plants from fungal infestation because of its property to secrete antifungal metabolites.
- As viable populations of bacteria are maintained for 3 to 4 weeks, the growth stimulants secreted by Azotobacter are spontaneously absorbed by the leaves.
- Reduces cost of using nitrogen fertilizers.
- Improves the quantity and quality of the yield.
- Doesn't leach and is not a force feed.
Mode of Action:
The dormant forms of Azotobacter in a cyst form upon reaching the leaves, germinate to produce fresh batch of colonies of vegetative cells.
The cells use up carbon and moisture from the leaf exudates and fix nitrogen.
The cells multiply after finding favorable sites near the stomata, or the base of the leaf hairs, or at the depressions of the leaf surface to form colonies.
Spraying NutriFoliar is like implanting small factories of microbes, which spontaneously provide useful metabolites to plants.
Use every 3 weeks.
*Microbial products should be added to the tank last after all other inputs have been diluted. Apply in the late afternoon.
Factors influencing field results of BioNatural NutriFoliar
- Nitrogen fixation by NutriFoliar microbes is enhanced in presence of Ca, Mg, Fe, and Mo.
- BioNatural NutriFoliar is compatible with most micro-nutrients.
- BioNatural NutriFoliar is compatible with seaweed extracts, as they are a good source of alginates or gums.
- BioNatural NutriFoliar is compatible with useful vitamins and plant hormones.
- BioNatural NutriFoliar microbes can grow at temperatures between 41 to 104°F. Below 41°F it is better to use protein hydrolysates for boosting absorption by the plant cells.
- Under high humidity and rainfall use BioNatural NutriFoliar with non-ionic stickers.
- Once opened, the bottle should be used immediately.
- Do not mix BioNatural NutriFoliar with bactericides.
- BioNatural NutriFoliar is non-toxic to plants, animals, and human beings.
- NutriFoliar does not leave harmful residues.
- Can be used for organic and conventional farming.
BioNatural NutriFoliar fixes N on the leaf as well as supplies vitamins B, C, and E. Foliar N fixation, with this product and the Fish Fertilizer mixed together, represents a major breakthrough in plant feeding, and increases yield and quality potential.
For Optimum results
Use NutriFoliar with Neptune's Harvest Hydrolyzed Fish Fertilizer. The Fish feeds the microbes and helps them multiply.
100mL = 1 Acre Greenhouse
250mL = 2.5 Acres Greenhouse and 1 acre Fruits/Vegetables (this item)
1L = 10 Acres and 4 Acres Fruits/Vegetables
5L = 50 Acres Greenhouse and 20 Acres Fruits/Vegetables
**please call for pricing on other sizes